- Exercise Physiology
- Dietetics & Nutrition
- Personal Training
- Sports Conditioning
- Corporate Health
- WorkCover Services / Motor Vehicle Accident / CTP
“We know of no single intervention with greater promise than physical exercise to reduce the risk of virtually all chronic diseases simultaneously.” – Booth et al, Journal of Applied Physiology 2000.
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are recognised as the highest qualified health professionals in the design and delivery of exercise services. An Exercise Physiologist is a university trained and Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) accredited exercise specialist. An Allied Heath professional who possesses the knowledge, skills and competency to assess, design and deliver personalised exercise programs for healthy persons, athletic populations and for those with chronic and complex diseases.
As a PulseFit client, you receive a comprehensive exercise management package including:
- Complete medical, physical and lifestyle assessment profile
- Individualised exercise programs
- One-on-One exercise education and training
- On-going exercise testing and assessment
- 24/7 access to an Exercise Physiologist
Who will benefit from Exercise Physiology services:
Individuals affected by the following chronic health conditions:
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Arthritis / Osteoporosis
- Parkinsons Disease
- Chronic Fatigue
- Heart Disease
- Back pain
- Musculoskeletal pain & injury
Medicare (GP Referral)
You may be eligible for a Medicare rebate on Exercise Physiology services. An appropriate referral from your GP is needed. You can find the referral form on the link below:
Private Health Funds
Health fund rebates are available for Exercise Physiology services based on your eligibility and level of cover.
Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA)
Eligible DVA card holders will be assessed and may be entitled to Exercise physiology rebates.
A healthy body is nurtured by a healthy lifestyle.
It is amazing how much better our bodies can feel and look through eating the right foods. At PulseFit Institute, we are dedicated to maximising your lifestyle through healthy eating. Our team of expert dietitians are ready to help you achieve your goals. Whether it is to improve athletic performance or manage weight loss, our solutions will be tailored just for you!
Our dietetics and nutrition services include:
- Personalised food programs
- Weight loss and weight loss management
- Sports nutrition to improve your athletic performance
- Reduce risks of diseases including diabetes, heart disease and hypertension
- Food intolerance and allergies
- General healthy eating
- Educate clients on clean eating
When we talk about passion, we talk about sport. We live and breathe sport and all that it brings to our lives. This passion reflects in our love of training anyone with sport based goals and needs. Sport specific conditioning is a cornerstone of our community lifestyle at PulseFit Institute.
Our practitioners have vast experience in training sports people from elite athletes, youth athletes through to those who just play every weekend for the love of the game.
Sports Conditioning Services:
- Performance analysis
- Strength and Conditioning
- Sport specific training
- Exercise Science
- Nutrition and Recovery advice
At PulseFit Institute, the focus of our Corporate Health Service is centred on ‘Healthy Business’. Making a significant difference to the health of ALL your staff and not only the exercise-minded is extremely rewarding. ‘Healthy Business’ is about maximising the productivity (and revenue) of your business through simple and effective strategies that look after the health and wellbeing of your people.
Our aim is to save you time, money and frustration. We do this by partnering with you long-term to deliver an end-to-end service so that you can get back to business. Our approach is to get to know you, your employees and your business in detail to ensure efficient and effective results.
Our programs deliver a range of benefits to individuals and organisations.
Benefits to individuals
- Increased awareness and knowledge of health and wellbeing
- Education about preventative healthcare
- Individual access to a suite of health professionals for support and treatment
- Greater understanding of individual health issues and strategies for improvement
- Improved health and wellbeing and therefore energy, drive, focus and productivity
- Access to a healthier, happier life
Benefits to organisations
- An end-to-end solution
- Reduced absenteeism
- Reduced workplace injury and illness
- Increased staff health and wellness
- Improved staff morale and engagement
- Increased productivity and therefore revenue and profit
- Detailed data and regular reporting to ensure objectives are being met
- Reputation as an organisation with a healthy culture
- Increased employer attractiveness for both recruitment and retention of staff.
‘Personal Training’ has become the buzz word of modern fitness culture! The Personal Training experience is recognised as the most popular medium of improved health and fitness in a booming exercise industry.
PulseFit Institute personal training is here to connect the dots between fitness goals and scientifically proven training methods and disrupt the current PT market.
The PulseFit team has been developed to take this concept of ‘Personal Training’ to the next level. Our world-class, professionally qualified staff of Exercise Physiologists, Exercise Scientists, Personal Trainers and Strength & Conditioning Coaches, work with YOU to achieve YOUR health and lifestyle goals!
As a member of the ‘PulseFit Community’, your life-enhancing goals become our priority!
Exercise program SPECIALISATION is the cornerstone of PulseFit PT. We are dedicated to working with each client to assess, design, deliver and progress personalised exercise programs that target YOUR objectives, YOUR ambitions!
PulseFit PT believes in health and fitness! PulseFit PT believes in YOU!
PulseFit PT provides a comprehensive range of services including:
- One-On-One Sessions
- Group Sessions
- Sport Specialisation Training
- Strength and Conditioning
- Dietary Advice
Our friendly, professional team are excited to meet with you and introduce you to the world as a ‘PulseFit Member’.
To book a FREE consultation, health screen and assessment, or even to discuss your health and fitness goals, please contact us!
We use the latest scientifically based rehabiitaion and self-management tecqniques to ensure the efficient return of an injured worker to their duties. Our outcomes are based on high client return to work rates whilst ensuring long-term prevention of injury, disease and dependence.
Individuals injured in the workplace or in a motor vehicle accident need rehabilitation to facilitate a speedy yet safe return to the workforce. Work Related Activity Programs (WRAP) or Exercise Based Conditioning Programs use exercise-based rehabilitation to improve the functional abilities of a worker to return to pre-injury duties or achieve an upgrade in their existing duties.
To ensure that all criteria of WRAP’s or Exercise Based Conditioning Programs are met, PulseFit conducts the following assessments on all clients:
INITIAL NEEDS ASSESSMENT
A PulseFit Exercise Physiologist conducts initial assessments. The client is lead through standardised functional tests to ascertain their capabilities of undertaking a Work Related Activity Program or Exercise Based Conditioning Program. It is understood that not all clients are suited to this form of program and this assessment aims to determine their suitability. At the completion of the assessment a full report on the findings and recommendations are issued to all appropriate parties.
What are the benefits of an Exercise Physiologist Assessment?
- To determine the weaknesses and strengths of the client, and to establish their physical tolerances.
- To gain an understanding of the functional capabilities of the client and how they relate to their work environment.
- To provide a greater understanding of the requirements of the client’s occupation, which correlates into a more effective program.
- To assess whether the client shows any indicators prior to the commencement of the program to aid in the implementation of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) principles.
Work Related Activity Programs (WRAP)
WRAP’s are conducted in our studio’s and HealthHub partner locations throughout Australia. The program follows the PulseFit WRAP principles and includes the following:
- A graded exercise program consisting of individually supervised Exercise Physiology sessions with a university qualified Exercise Physiologist.
- If necessary, a 3-month gym membership at a nominated facility and the establishment of home based exercise programs.
- A final program report detailing the outcomes of the program, and comments on the client’s attendance and motivation levels.
- A focus on manual handling skills, core stability training, and strength and flexibility development. The client is educated as to why they are doing the exercises so they can improve their knowledge and decrease the risk of re-injury, therefore decreasing time off work and costs to the employer.
- The clients are encouraged to commence independent exercise as soon as possible in relation to their capabilities and level of improvement and understanding.